Monday, August 21, 2006

Lucky: 'It was pretty close'

Nebraska I-back Marlon Lucky admits that it was "pretty close" when it came down to deciding whether he would accept a scholarship offer from the Cornhuskers or USC.

So, what was the edge that swung the decision in Nebraska's favor?

"The fans," Lucky said. "That was a big thing, plus the coaches. I knew that they're building this program up to where it used to be. I wanted to be part of it."

Lucky, who is from North Hollywood, Calif., also said he wanted to live on his own for a while a go far from home.

Although Nebraska's Sept. 16 game at USC will a homecoming of sorts, Lucky doesn't figure he'll put much added significance on the nationally televised contest.

"I'm just going to go out there and play it like every other game," Lucky said. "I'm not just getting prepared for USC, I'm getting prepared for all the games."

Posted by Terry Douglass @ Monday, August 21, 2006 ||

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


HuskersHQ BLogger Network

Previous Posts

Archives

Links