Thursday, September 06, 2007

Kunalic credits Callahan for his calm

Despite playing in his first college football game last Saturday agianst Nevada, Nebraska true freshman place-kicker Adi Kunalic said he felt very calm. Part of the reason, he said, was a visit he had with Nebraska head coach Bill Callahan late last week.

"He just let me know that he was behind me on everything I did and gave me a few pointers to focus on some stuff," Kunalic said. "(He said) just kind of ignore all the fans and just to be relaxed and stuff."

Apparently, Kunalic felt very relaxed. He boot six of nine kickoffs into the end zone for touchbacks and also drilled a 46-yard field goal in his debut.

"It did help me after talking to him because when I walked out on the field, I wasn't nervous at all and I was shocked at that," Kunalic said. "I was actually more nervous at my first practice with the team than the first game. I kind of just went out there like I've been doing it for years and years."

Posted by Terry Douglass @ Thursday, September 06, 2007 ||

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


HuskersHQ BLogger Network

Previous Posts

Archives

Links