Thursday, January 29, 2009

Diaz planning to redshirt this season

LINCOLN -- Nebraska coach Doc Sadler said Wednesday night after his team's 68-62 loss to Kansas that 6-foot-11 post player Brian Diaz has decided to redshirt this season.

Sadler said that the 19-year-old Diaz, who arrived from Puerto Rico less than two weeks ago, told him that he didn’t think he was ready and that he wasn’t in good enough shape to be able to help the team at this point

“I told him I disagree with him because I think he can help the team, but ultimately, I didn’t get him in school when I told him I was going to get him into school,” Sadler said. “I got him here late and I’m not going to penalize him, and it’s nobody’s fault. We just didn’t get a test score.”

Posted by Terry Douglass @ Thursday, January 29, 2009 ||

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


HuskersHQ BLogger Network

Previous Posts

Archives

Links